shosho

shosho

Highlander Most Wanted  - Maya Banks I really liked this book but not as much as I loved the first one.
"Never seduce a Scot " was sweet easy and a fun . And this one was none of these. It was dark and I had to put it down for a bit after reading some of the details and drama .
The plot and the twists weren't as strong as the first one , it could have been much better .
This book was the story of the hooded woman who showed the Montgomery clan where Eveline was. Genevieve has been a captive in McHugh keep for a year and she has endured torture , rape and humiliation . The rape part is something we don't usually see in HR and not like this.
There were some details that stand out to me and bothered me. It was said the Ian was obsessed with her and didn't let anybody else other than him to touch her but later there was another rape attempt and it was said that the guy had raped her before in front of Ian . Also the fact that this guy had stayed behind and Genevieve didn't have any reaction to him being there before the incident was weird .
It was hard for me to accept someone who has been raped and tortured for a whole year could get past all that in a few days and have normal relations with someone else .

Overall a really good book and I'm looking forward to the next one.