shosho

shosho

A Prior Engagement - Karina Bliss Woohooooo another ARC from Netgalley !!!!!!!!!!
************

I finished this last night but I can't stop thinking about it. I love the series because it's not just fluff , I can't just read them as another Harlequin romance I get involved with the story.The characters are believable and real . They are not all perfect people , they make mistakes , they judge each other and they hurt each other but at the end they make everything work and It doesn't mean they become perfect people , they start making amends and building or rebuilding their lives.

What I loved most about this book was Lee's struggles and mistakes .After nineteen months of captivity he was broken but didn't heal over night and by the end of the book he wasn't healed but was on the right track which made the whole thing more believable .

What I didn't like was that some details during the book was vague , by the end of the book I wasn't thinking about the romance or the happy ending I was thinking about what happened to Lee during his captivity. I got my answer at the the end but it would have been better if it was a bit more clear and we knew he was captive for 19 months but was tortured only for the last 3 months. I loved how it was revealed at the end but I had to reread some parts to understand.

Overall a really great book .